Thursday, October 2, 2014

Tazman's TGC Store Products

This review will focus squarely on Tazman.  Tazman has a huge store with several packs and a little over 75 actual products as of the time of this writing.

Tazman's store: http://en.tgcstore.net/?md=artist-view&aid=143240

Note the Tasmanian devil; this is actually a pretty good moniker for Tazman and I'll tell you why.   The quality is wild and unpredictable.  I'm not sure why.  I like a great deal of his products but clearly there are gaps between some offerings and others.  And it's strangely inconsistent too.  Sometimes the art is top shelf.  Other times it's dated and off color.  Sometimes the models are remarkably well done; other times it's amateurish and blocky.

I can't wrap my head around it.

That all said - Tazman does have some really spectacular *must-have* stuff in his inventory so it's definitely worth a look.  You can decide for yourself what you prefer and don't prefer (as always).
First off, he's got several excellent free items available.  A pretty high quality chair and table combo which compliment a great many scenes and settings.

What one item can I not live without:  Here again I'm going to split my choice between a pack and an individual item.  He's got several possible packs but in my opinion in terms of sheer utility it is VERY difficult to beat the massive air conditioning ducting set he has available.  It's a bit shiny for my tastes, but let's be honest here - with proper lighting in place into reloaded it will likely be a non-issue.  From the standpoint of adding depth to a game though, it's tough to match.  I can think of few artists on the TGC store who can offer this kind of value at such a low price.
There's a lot of potential here.

From the standpoint of an individual item it gets much, MUCH harder to choose.  As I stated before, Tazman has remarkably inconsistent quality.  But in that seemingly damning statement is the implication (now stated outright) that there are a significant amount of very nice pieces.  So choosing just one ONE became a fairly difficult endeavor.  So in the end, I settled.  In the running were some wood boxes, various signs, and a pay phone of inordinately high quality.

I ended up choosing this one:

It's got precisely the right amount of vague text and blood.

This access restricted sign.   I know, it's a bit of a let down but for some reason I really like it.  It's well designed, gritty, perfectly vague and bloody.  Or maybe I *SHOULD* buy the pay phone...

The bottom line: Inconsistencies aside, there are some top shelf pieces available on Tazman's store.  It's worth a good, long, hard look as tastes vary.


No comments:

Post a Comment