Monday, October 20, 2014

Rolfy's TGC Store Products

Rolfy is a long time The Game Creators supporter.  He's known for his excellent scripting and secondary effects. While admittedly I'm not a long time TGC supporter myself, it doesn't take long to figure out who stands out in the community as someone who has consistently provided meaningful mods and updates that aren't actually employed by TGC.

Visit his store here: http://en.tgcstore.net/?md=artist-view&aid=44335

When I first evaluated Rolfy's store, he had some really great items.  Since then though, he seems to have expanded significantly.  I had to rewrite my entire draft because of it.

Most recently, he added his art of war kit:

Blogger's not playing nice, use the link to view the demo vid:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUufjZVDLDk

I used to be a regular building until I took an RPG-7 to the knee.


His selection of covered crates are phenomenal.  I'd say his least impressive piece are the rocks, but that's relatively speaking.  It's still miles better than a great many other offerings.  You pay a premium (compared to other TGC store prices) but IMHO it's completely worth it.  Rolfy's items are so unique, so impressive they stand on their own easily without peer.  Here again though.. the prices here for a 'higher' priced item such as Rolfy's are easily dwarfed by other engines like Unity or 3rd party creations for engines like Lite-C/Acknex.

I for one, wish I could throw more money at this guy.  All in due time, I suppose.

What is the one item I could not live without:  While the wave pack is ideal, if you are looking for a single item.. the straight wave has a significant amount of utility:

It's a little tricky to position but works exceedingly well.

The curvy waves are definitely useful as well so unless you're a miserly bastard like me, buy the pack of waves.   It's six dollars well spent for some real immersion enhancing items.

This is a full vid of the entire waves pack in action.


The bottom line: Rolfy's items are not some one hit wonder.  I'm quite sure I'll be revisiting his catalog again, and soon.  Keep a keen eye out for his work!


If this post was helpful for you, please feel free to comment and share it with others.  I welcome all constructive criticism.  If you'd like your products reviewed, leave a comment below and a link to your game creators store.


No comments:

Post a Comment