Thursday, October 23, 2014

Break today

Need to take some screencaps for next piece on Game Design Review and until then am doing some light reading:

http://gamestudies.org/0801/articles/barton   - on weather effects

This is because my first scripts will be weather effect related.  I've (I think) nailed lightning pretty good:

Soon for the low low price of 50 points, probably.

This is a completely dynamic lightning 'zone' which will not cut off the sound to play another but instead finishes the one in progress.  You make a trigger zone, add the script and sound effect, and you're off :)

The next steps in development are to test the rather spartan particle system built into the engine currently to see if it's even viable to add even simple rainfall or snow.

I'm also planning a fog system, some other little code snippets for devs to use as they see fit.


http://www.worldofleveldesign.com/categories/left4dead2_mapping/l4d2-visual-gameplay-reference-guide-campaign-design.php  - on level design.

Now THIS one is going to be for my technical design review; I plan on showcasing how perspective is used to draw visual elements together.

So stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment