Friday, October 31, 2014

General Banter: What's new 10/31

So if you're following this blog you'll notice this week I laid back off the reviews for a bit.  This is because there's a huge ramp up by a lot of the developers of TGC content.  I think it has to do with the upcoming 1.0090 update, which is highly anticipated as a big fix for a lot of outstanding problems with the engine.

In the meantime, I've been neck deep in code and made some pretty awesome strides.  The first is an all in one script that handles AI NPC's.  Basically turns the 'neutral' NPC into one who will talk to you.  It runs through an array of strings specified in the globals and then picks one based on a passable value to the individual NPC.  

I also have a much heavier one that can be used as a custom unit script, specifically to make them have multiple responses and even script-able actions.

<insert vid here>


Once I get an answer in the forums over here: 

On my question of invulnerability I will be able to wrap up this script and get it on the store.  A little final testing on the lightning script will work for that one too.  I'm planning on price points of 50 cents USD for the lightning script and 2 dollars for the NPC string scripting.  That one took significant more work, so it gets a higher price.  Given it's flexibility I think people will find it'll be quite sufficient for most of their needs.  With support for I think a maximum of 255 strings, that's a lot of flexibility for NPCs.

I also have a similarly structured inventory control system in the works, though that's going to be tougher to implement without serious delving into the LUA classes present in the game engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment