Thursday, November 6, 2014

Valuable Asset's TGC Store Products

Realized it's been a while since I wrote a review so it's time, once again, to put some poor bastard under the microscope.  Today's victim?  Valuable Assets.

Store link: http://en.tgcstore.net/?md=artist-view&aid=35753

I get the feeling I'll be coming back to this store soon.  Valuable assets showed up on my radar about a few weeks ago and I had planned on writing a review earlier but .. he just keeps releasing new things.  It's so regular I could set a clock by it.  By the time of this writing, I'm pretty sure most of what I'll say will be outdated.  That said, there's enough inventory at this point for me to review a large swath of products.

5 packs and a total of 81 products (for now).

Apparently Valuable Assets also goes by the moniker 'teamhalo'.  Apparently under that older moniker he did a lot of art for the FPS Creator (classic) community.  Indeed, his website link from the forum points simply to: http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2262, aka Pack 48 for FPSC Classic.  Google shows me he's also a pretty decent gallery artist as well.  

VA's done a terrific job.  I really like that the textures are clear, yet gritty. They seem of high quality in terms of texture definition and the models themselves fit a very clear theme, which is nice.  Very often I find artists are putting their art all over the place, without direction.  Every single pack thus far plays well of each other pack. 

Looks like where I grew up!

What's the one item I can't live without: This is a hard one.  I really like his grunge city pieces. His trash models are interesting in that they are not decals, but ultimately redundant for my purposes, so that one is out.  The ruined buildings are useful looking, but the utility factor really sits them squarely in a FO3 style environment.  

So really it comes down to price and utility.  The best value for the dollar right now is the blood pack:

Just a fraction of the 31 blood spatters.

Sure, you could say they're all the same (they're not).  But if you have the horror pack or are planning on doing an FPS of any sort - blood is sort of going to be necessary.  There are other blood kits on the store don't compare in quality or type.  This blood looks fantastic and you get a veritable library of crime scene photos.  I really love the attention to the different types of spatter, as well as the dried blood versions.  It'll go really well with the horror kit from TGC.

Yep, that about covers it.  
Pic courtesy of metalinjection.com

The bottom line:  I really can't find enough to say about VA.  He's given three superb free models. He's got excellent, low priced models on the store.  Definitely give him a glance or three.

No comments:

Post a Comment